Sunday 5 August 2012

Facial Cleansing- with Oil!

Wow, I was very dubious about trying this one out, but I'm determined to find a better alternative to using evil chemicals found in most cosmetics - even the expensive brands.

The idea behind this method is that oil breaks down other oils. It will also not strip away your natural oils that you really need to keep you skin in top condition. Castor oil is good for cleansing and drawing out impurities. Olive oil is very hydrating and full of antioxidants


Ingredients:
Castor Oil
Extra Vigin Olive Oil


**recommend trying a nice smelling essential oil (a few drops), as castor doesn't smell too good**


You can experiment with ratios, but as I have very dry skin I used 1 part Castor Oil to 2 parts Olive Oil. Castor oil makes the mixture quite thick and gloopy, so it sticks to your skin well without coming off.

Method 1:
Apply the mixture your dry face and gently massage into skin
Apply a hot face cloth to your face and leave for about 10 mins
Then use the towel to remove the oil from your face

Method 2:
Same as above except don't use the hot towel
Apply before getting in the shower and rinse it off at the end
You may need a little help to wipe off residue with a cloth or cotton pad

Don't worry, I know it feels strange at first, you skin might feel a little greasy and the whole sensation is a bit alien, but after completing the method, I took a look at my skin and it LOOKED cleaner than it has in a long time. The cotton pad I used to wipe away the residue had grim on it! I also only needed to use a little moisturiser before putting my makeup on.

I suffer from Acne and have very dry skin on bottom part of my face.

So far I've only tried it twice and the results are good. The only downside is I'm not too fussed on the smell of the castor oil, but I am going to try adding a few drops of nice smelling oil to see if that makes a difference.

If you have any questions, post below. Or if you have tried it, let me know how it went. I would love to know how it works on other skin types :)

No comments:

Post a Comment