It is still affecting me now. I shudder at the thought of "organising" something. Anything. Even a night out in the local pub.
- Trying to keep everyone else happy
- Taking every comment to heart
- So many things to do, so little time - too much time can be bad
- The Countdown! - freaked me right out even though I was organised
- Money - save more than you think you will need
- Hoping your other half won't go mad at the escalating costs - it's his day too, he should understand the reality
- Problems with suppliers/services
- Wanting everything to be perfect - let go a bit
There is no stopping these things from happening, so the only advice I can offer is...
- Have a short engagement - it shortens the stress period
- Be prepared for people sticking their noses in
- Make sure you are doing what you want because you're the only one who will remember it vividly
- Try not to care too much about pleasing everyone
- Take breaks from wedding planning - focus your mind on other things and don't make it your only conversation topic