Sunday 19 August 2012

Olive Oil - Oh So Versatile

I'm in love with a beauty product I've just discovered. Having only ever used it for cooking, I'm so amazed that this product can be used in so many ways for home beauty.

Yes, Olive Oil. I'm so excited to have discovered it's beauty uses as it's cheap and I always have it in the house. I also know exactly what I'm putting on my skin, knowing that it won't damage it.

Why is it so good?
It contains Vitamin A and E, both well known to promote healthy skin. It also contains Hydroxytyrosol, an antioxidant preventing free radical damage to the skin cells. Olive oil repairs and renews skin. These factors make it a great moisturiser as the olive oil traps moisture in your skin. Olive Oil does not clog pores like many high street products. Could it get any better?




Here are my top uses for Olive Oil...

Moisturiser
It takes olive oil a while to sink into skin, so I personally would only use it before bed

Makeup remover
I was amazed by how good this product was at removing my makeup. I've tried other commercial makeup removers and facial washes and was disappointed that many of them still left makeup on my face! Quite disappointing if you've spent a lot of money on them.

** pour a little olive oil into the palm of your hand, spread over your face, let it sit for a wee second and then remove with a cotton pad. It's so good!**

Top tip - it's also suitable for removing eye makeup and is a great substitute for eye cream. I remove my makeup in the evening and just leave the residue on overnight. After a few weeks I saw definite improvements. My delicate under eye area is looking great at the moment. Really bright and more plump. I'm well pleased with this!

I've taken to just splashing my face with water in the morning rather than washing and stripping the oils away. I have quite dry skin, so this works for me.

Facial Scrub
Mix with bicarbonate soda or sugar or sea salt for a great moisturizing scrub. Some people say use the sugar for body rather than face as it may be too abrasive.

Hair conditioner
Apply to hair as you would normal conditioner. Almond Oil and Coconut oil are also good options :)
It can also help dandruff. Apply to hair, leave for 5 minutes and shampoo after.

Nails and Cuticles
Rubbed into nails and cuticles, the skin is conditioned and the nails shine.

Have you tried Olive Oil in your beauty regime? Let me know below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment