Sunday 26 August 2012

Alison Claire Foot Cream Bio Natural Beauty

I'm sure I'm not the only one to admit that I completely neglect my feet. Although the few times I actually bothered to do a foot scrub or moisturize or visit a chiropodist (once), my feet felt amazing afterwards. Have you ever had foot rub? so good if anyone is willing to do it for you ;)

It's like looking after your feet relaxes your whole body, feels refreshing and makes you think "why don't I do this more often?". It has the amazing ability to make you feel light on your feet.

So I was quite excited to try out Alison Claire's Peppermint and Witch Hazel Foot Cream. Alison Claire products are described as bio-natural. And I love this concept, as lately I've been obsessing with natural beauty products and have even been experimenting with my own recipes.

Check out my posts on homemade moisturizer and oil cleansing :)




Reading a bit about the product range, I learn that their ethos is to eliminate the use of chemicals found to be harmful in mainstream products. They describe the four main "nasties" that they ensure they don't use as Laureth Sulphate, Parabens, Phenoxyethanol and PEGS. Quite scary what some of these chemicals can do. Find out more on their website here. The products also don't have preservatives, synthetic fragrances or colors. Sounds like my cup of tea!

So on to the foot cream! I love the packaging design. It's very simple, which is in sync with the idea of natural products. On opening the foot cream there is an amazing smell of peppermint. I love it,  it's so fresh and uplifting. Perfect for tired feet! The texture is quite light, kind of like a mousse, which I think is great for a foot cream as you don't want anything too dense that will take a long time to absorb.

I decided to use this after a bout of house cleaning. So it was well deserved if I do say so myself. It was so nice to just give my feet a bit of rubbing attention. The coolness of the peppermint really cooled my feet down and the smell was so nice. After giving myself a 5 minute massage with the cream, I felt great. This would probably be even better if you can get someone to do it for you ;) It didn't take long for cream to absorb into my skin either.



I have horrendously dry skin, so for me, I would probably need something more intensive as far as hydration goes, but I think this would be a great cream for other skin types. I could smell the zingy freshness for ages as it was still on my hands, which was lovely.

As well as peppermint and witch hazel, the cream contains aloe vera (my wonder product!), marshmallow and comfrey to condition the skin. The witch hazel is an astringent which helps get rid of loose skin cells. Tea tree oil and green tea are also used for their antibacterial qualities.

Full of lovely goodness!!!

The foot cream is £12 for 200ml. Most products are around this price range with the lip balms at £4 :)

Have you come across the Alison Claire range? I would love to know what you think of the products.


No comments:

Post a Comment