Sunday 18 November 2012

GOSH Natural Touch Foundation

I would never normally buy a foundation in a hurry, but the day before I went to America I had to get something better than the drying foundation I was already using. Luckily it wasn't too much of a disaster.

So I was just looking for something light for the warm weather. I nearly gave up and this caught my eye as I was leaving the shop.

Costing only £8.99 I thought I'd give it a shot. Wearing it for the first time on my flight over was probably not a good idea. I don't think I've ever had a foundation that survives a long haul flight.



What you should know about my skin first:

  • Dry
  • Pale
  • Occasional acne
  • Red blemishes from acne


What it says on the bottle:

  • Flawless Natural Finish
  • Organic Sweet Almond Oil
  • Moisturising and Nourishing
  • SPF 8
  • 30ml

Available in 6 shades - I tried 36 Ivory

My skin is quite dry and I'm an on/off sufferer of acne, so coverage is important to me most of the time. I wasn't too concerned about coverage for my holiday though. I just wanted something that didn't feel heavy in the heat.

The texture is very light and colour is natural (yellow toned). It contains sweet almond oil, which is great for the skin. Comes in handy pump bottle and one squirt is enough for the whole face.
I like the feel of this foundation on my face, it's very lightweight and goes on smoothly. I would describe the coverage as light to medium. If I had a bad breakout, I'm not sure this would make the cut, but at the moment the coverage is enough. I would liken it to the Smashbox Healthy FX foundation as far as texture and coverage goes.

On my skin, I didn't find that it was very buildable. When I tried to go over my blemishes again it kind of clumped. It worked better when I touched up blemishes with some concealer.
I've been wearing it everyday to work and I'm finding that it is lasting all day long. I've also been getting more skin compliments since using it, so I guess it looks pretty good and natural.

It looks more natural than the Revlon Colourstay Foundation I've been wearing recently. I don't look like I'm wearing makeup, which is a plus for me. The shade is a tad too dark for my pale skin, but it's not bad.

One downside for me would be that it smells quite perfumey, but it's not overpowering. 

Apart from that and the fact it doesn't build well, I think it's a great sheer foundation that lets my skin breath for a change. It's great value for money at £8.99. I've been using it for 2 months now (everyday) and there is still plenty left.

No comments:

Post a Comment